Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

A Guide On How Not To Go To Prom




2 years ago, I attended my high school prom. It was a wonderful evening filled with dancing, candy floss, sparkly dresses and, best of all, my friends. Yesterday evening it was my brother's turn to experience the night that his peers have been planning since they started high school. But my brother, Dan, is not one to follow the crowd. Last night, he pulled off the most spectacular entrance I have ever thought imaginable.

It started off as a joke. Dan was refusing to wear a suit and tie and was pondering what could be the most ridiculous prom outfit he could wear. My dad was the one who suggested it as a joke, initially. Dan, however, went all the way and turned this joke into a reality. He and his friends turned up to prom in a beautiful blue cadillac and, believe me, he got a much bigger cheer than anyone else. That's because he decided to go dressed as a 70's pimp.

I'm just relieved he didn't take a girl with him- now that would get him kicked out for sure. Luckily everyone was very happy to see him dressed up in his finery. He managed to score an 'awesome' from one teacher and a high five from another just on arrival. By the end of the evening he was totally fed up of all the people asking him for selfies. He managed to bag himself the 'most outrageous' award, with the next most outrageous outfit being a kilt. Ahhhh..... I'm such a proud big sister (insert sarcasm here).




No comments:

Post a Comment